Friday, July 7, 2017

Selling Out?

Professionally-printed, self-published, sold everywhere. My books on VIA Rail are distributed by a very slimmed-down shipping department: my dining room table. Each is packaged and shipped individually. There is no shipping and handling charge. Only actual postage cost, which thankfully has not gone up recently! 

Now that initial customer orders have come in, I'm getting interest from hobby shops that want to sell my book as well. I have absolutely no problem with this. It's all about getting my books out there into enthusiasts' hands. Today, my inbox included the weekly George's Trains e-flyer. It was neat to see one of Toronto's major hobby shops advertising Trackside with VIA - Research & Recollections!

Dealer terms are 40% dealer discount and the dealer pays shipping to their store. More dealer inquiries are coming in, giving customers the choice of ordering the book directly from yours truly, or adding it to their e-commerce cart or stack of stuff they're taking to the checkout in-store.

Either way, I'm happy to see enthusiasts getting healthy doses of both rich recollections and robust research!

Highball!
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment