Thursday, December 30, 2010

Work Blocks

Work on my book is progressing well. How about a six-hour "work block" transcribing consists, which covered the end of F-units up to the advent of Renaissance equipment? Fuelled by Pepsi and leftover fruitcake, my fingers were flying and my neck swivelling by 0215 hours. I settled my brains for a long winter's nap.

With 1981-2008 covered, all that remains is 1976 to 1981, and 2008 to present. These two remaining blocks of time will tie together the alpha and omega of VIA's existence, linking a CN/CP castoff with tired equipment to a modern intercity network with (relatively) new equipment.

I'm starting to work on bonus features, to round out the book and make it more useful to the VIAphile and modeler alike. Happy New Year and highball!

2 comments:

  1. Eagerly awaiting the book Eric! Can't wait to spend hours pouring over the details!

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments, Ian. I was thinking of highlighting some information, because there have been some awesome trains run by VIA over the years. But I realized that would be like reading a textbook highlighted by someone else, so decided against it. I'll leave that up to the reader. You won't be disappointed,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete