Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Talisman

No, the talisman is not the biggest guy on a basketball team. It's from the Greek and refers to an amulet or other item that possesses magical powers. In my world, it refers to the memory stick I've been carrying around with me for the last 7 months. On this stick was the text and data for my new book.

On Tuesday, I visited Bryan, my graphic designer at Allan Graphics here in Kingston, where my book is about to be printed. He magically downloaded all the files from the memory stick, and returned it to me. That was it. I had my talisman, and although it still retained the files, they had gone on to be transmitted into something mysterious and as yet unseen.

OK, enough mysticism. This is where it gets good. Bryan is now working to get my jottings, which have been transcribed, checked, reformatted and rechecked, into book form, sandwiching them with titles, text, photos, tables, schedules and rosters. I'll let him work his magic. I predict (mystical background music here) a book of about one hundred pages.

Highball!

No comments:

Post a Comment